Everyone has it, but very few do you see it. The six pack. The symbol for fitness and a healthy lifestyle. With our Tabata workout, we will show you how you can soon get a visible six-pack.
- Your body fat percentage is too high.
- You are not eating right.
- You train too little, too much or the wrong thing.
There are many myths circulating around the topic. Regardless of whether you are a man or a woman, 3 factors are decisive for visible abs. The abdominal muscles form the basis. Well trained abdominal muscles are more visible.
The body fat percentage determines whether your abs are visible or not. A body fat percentage that is too high makes every well-trained abs disappear. One important factor in reducing body fat is diet.
Fun facts: Have you ever noticed that every six pack looks different? The shape depends on your tendons. These divide the straight abdominal muscles into different sections. The number and shape of your packs are genetic. Everything is possible from 4-pack to 10-pack.
The right body fat percentage for a six-pack
Women naturally have a higher percentage of body fat than men. In women, the abdominal muscles can be clearly seen from a body fat percentage of approx. 14% or less. In men, this is the case from around 12% body fat or less.
By combining the right diet and exercise, you can lower your body fat percentage to a visible abs level. Nutrition accounts for 70% and training 30% of success.
Get abs with the right diet
A six pack is made in the kitchen. 70% of your success depends on nutrition. The decisive factor is the calorie deficit. Provide your body with healthy micro and macronutrients. Eat a balanced diet of high-quality proteins, high-fiber carbohydrates and healthy fats.
Reduce your carbohydrate intake and increase your protein intake to around 1.5-2 g protein / body weight. Your calorie deficit should not be more than 300-500 Kcal / day. A larger deficit causes the breakdown of your hard-earned muscles.
Our tip: Provide your muscles with sufficient protein during your slight deficit. With whey protein you supply your muscles with 24 grams of protein per serving (30 grams).
Get abs with core training
The pronounced abdominal muscles are created by the training. A targeted fat burning on the stomach through hours of abdominal training is not possible. The body chooses where to burn fat first. Regular strength and cardio training also increases your calorie consumption. You lose weight faster.
Would you like to get a six pack? We always recommend that you train holistically. Don’t just focus on your straight abs. Always train your whole body and core. Document your training to check your progress. Gradually increase your load during training. Increase the number of repetitions, the duration of a holding exercise or your training weight.
You can build up your abdominal training classically as station training. You do 6-12 repetitions and 2-5 sets, depending on your level of training. Once you have successfully completed one exercise, the next follows.
But you can also give your core training a little more kick. Training in just 4 minutes? Yes, through high-intensity interval training in the form of a tabata. Or you just try our plank challenge!
The abdominal muscles are particularly important for free exercises as supporting and holding muscles. Train your core at the end of your workout or as a standalone training session.
Checklist for your abs workout plan
- Exercising your entire core is important if you want to get a six-pack
- Train with different directions of movement (crunches to the front, to the side and Russian twists).
- Add variety to your exercises.
- Exercise statically (holding exercises, such as a plank) and dynamic (an exercise performed through active movements, such as sit-ups).
- Exercise your stomach 2-3 times a week.
- Depending on your fitness level, choose 8-12 repetitions and 2-4 sets or an exercise time of 30-60 seconds.
- Increase your training load.
- Try our six-pack tabata.
Fun Facts: Did you know that too much ab training without the right nutrition can make your stomach look bigger? The abdominal muscles push the fat layer outwards. You look fatter.
Your abs workout plan at home
With our Tabata you get your abdominal muscles to burn – getting six packs made easy. The exercise time is 4 minutes. 20 seconds maximum exercise followed by a 10 second rest. This rhythm is repeated 8 intervals. You can work with one exercise or with up to 8 different exercises.
- Difficulty level: easy
- Muscles workout: straight abdominal muscles
- Note: Pull yourself up slowly in a controlled manner instead of bobbing with momentum. Your upper body is only slightly off the ground. You don’t straighten him up completely like in a sit-up.
- Difficulty: medium
- Muscles workout: The entire core + shoulders. Improves your coordination.
- Note: Consciously tighten the abdominal muscles to avoid a hollow back.
- Difficulty level: difficult
- Muscles workout: Straight abdominal muscles and hip flexors
- Note: Tense your stomach consciously to avoid a hollow back. Keep your legs as straight as possible
- Difficulty: easy
- Muscles workout: the entire back. Especially the hip flexor.
- Note: The hands are under the shoulders. If possible, keep your bottom level.
Summary: How To Get Abs
- You can get a six-pack from a body fat percentage of approx. 14-12%.
- Reduce your body fat percentage with the right diet.
- Exercise holistically 2-3 times a week.
- Always exercise all abs.
- Bring variety to your abs workout.
- Getting a six-pack always means having to be patient.