We have developed the calorie calculator with which you can calculate your individual calorie needs. Easy, quick and reliable!
Now you can easily determine your individual calorie requirement. If you consume exactly the calculated amount of calories, you will easily maintain your body weight.
The calorie calculator works very simple. Just fill out the form and you will immediately get the result:
- The basal metabolic rate is the number of calories your body consumes at rest.
- If you select a physical level of activity, you will get the calorie requirement which quantifies the total need for calories per day.
Calculate calorie needs - that's why it makes sense
Knowing these values is important if you want to lose weight – or at least not gain weight.
It may be right that we don’t eat that much at all but it all depends on the calorie amount in the food we consume. If our body cannot burn all the calories in a single, then we start to gain weight.
After a bar of chocolate, for example, we don’t have the feeling that we have eaten that much, nor are we full for long. However, we have used up of your body’s daily calorie need.
Our tip: Use the values determined with our calorie calculator as a guide for your future diet – depending on your weight and figure requirements. That means:
- If you consume the calculated amount of calories, you will keep your body weight.
- If your calorie intake is regularly higher, you will gain weight over the long term.
- If the calorie intake is lower, you will lose weight.
- For healthy and effective weight loss, the number of calories consumed should be around 500 less than the calculated number.
Basal metabolic rate and Physical Activity Level
Important to know: The so-called basal metabolic rate is the amount of energy that the body uses in complete rest to maintain its vital functions.
For better comparability, it is measured at an outside temperature of 28 celsius degrees (which roughly corresponds to body temperature, as we don’t need any energy to stay warm) and on an empty stomach. Here a 4 important facts:
- The basal metabolic rate is individual and is determined by factors such as age, gender, height and weight.
- Warm clothing, for example, can reduce the basal metabolic rate, and it can increase due to a fever or cold.
- A larger muscle mass also increases it, which is why we can lose twice as much through exercise. Especially when the goal is not only more stamina, but also muscle building.
- The calorie consumption is higher not only during exertion, but also when we are resting because we have built more muscles.
The energy that we consume through exercise (sporting and everyday exercise) is called physical activity level.
It varies depending on the level of movement and is determined using the so-called PAL factor (Physical Activity Level). Both values added together give the actual daily calorie need.
Calorie requirement in men and women
How many calories we should consume daily with our diet varies from person to person. These factors play an important role: height, weight, daily level of activity, state of health, gender.
For a rough orientation, you will find below average values for the daily calorie requirement for men and women, depending on their respective activity level.
|Exercise per day||Calorie Needs: Men||Calorie Needs: Women|
Under 30 Minutes
30 to 60 Minutes
Over 60 Minutes